I just like supporting the little guy.
- It's beautiful
- It's got comfy chairs and a squashy sofa grouped around a fireplace in the store
- You can browse and read to your heart's content and no one bothers you
- The collection is highly curated
- The gift wrap is free
- It's too highly curated -- often doesn't have what I'm looking for
- It's way downtown, on Front St., which isn't convenient
- The staff are occasionally snooty
- The store specializes in British books (which is cool, but limiting)
All that said, if you ARE looking for something specific, I suggest you call the store first. They will order you something if they don't have it in. But that means waiting. Personally, I don't like waiting. It's annoying, but then again, it's not like it'll kill you.