I don't think I'm doing very well.
I've installed two vinyl phrases so far. I did one on the picture I made of tumbling vinyl chairs that reads "ashes ashes we all fall down" and one at the top of our front hall mirror that says "you always look good to me."
Still. Remember what I started with. I bought the original decals from Dollarama. The six original phrases were as follows (with all grammatical and punctuation errors preserved):
1. HOME is where our story begins!
2. The Heart that Loves is always young.
3. Life isn't Measured by the number of Breaths we take but by the Moments that take our breath away.
4. A Mother holds her child's hand for just a short time. but holds their Heart forever.
5. Dance like no one is watching
6. Live well Laugh often Love always
So considering what I started with (barf), I think I'm doing pretty well. I'm mixing up fonts, trying this and that, and having fun with it. And it IS fun. Sticking stuff up around the apartment is surprisingly fun.
Know why? (This just occurred to me.) It's fun because playing with vinyl decals is exactly like playing with STICKERS! I know that as a child, I loved stickers, but my parents would get angry when I stuck them all over the furniture and walls.
I was limited to my "sticker books" -- not fun at all.
But vinyl decals let you play with stickers in a totally . You can stick 'em ANYWHERE. And they peel right off without damage! If only I had these when I was a kid. I'd have saved myself a lot of beatings, that's for sure. (Ha. Sorry mom. Just kidding. Kinda.)