Desired: Hall-like area, suitable for umbrellas, shoes, and a couple coats. Table for mail, keys and last minute touch-ups.
Problem 2: No money.
Problem 3: Very little space.
Solution: A DIY console table.
Plan: Simple materials from any large hardware or building supply store, paint, gumption and a screwdriver, of course. Want to make a console table of your very own for less than $100? Here's what you'll need:
- 2 pine boards (try Rona, Home Depot or similar) -- $6.99 each.
- 4 long Waddell hardwood early American table legs (28") -- $10 each (or less).
- 4 short Waddell table legs (3-4" or buns) -- $3 each.
- 8 Waddell leg plates (standard) -- $2 each.
- 1 small can of paint (black) -- $15 or less.
Think I can do it?